[TechAssist] Re: hard drive problem

  • From: "Technotronic Dimensions" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 15:45:29 -0500

Ok, Antivirus "probably" wont matter - unless you got a Bootsector Virus.
Spyware would lock up your Internet Socket, so you couldnt browse, and could
eventually force a Blue Screen. But since you booted from Powermax and it
locks up, it pretty much says none of the above, with the BootVirus as the
exception.

Check for bad IDE cables. Did you recently add another Device like perhaps a
Slave CDROM or DVD ojn the same Channel? Also, its rare, but it could be bad
RAM. Then you could Try swapping the Sticks, or removing them one at a time
running powermax, and check for changes. If still no change, then I suppose
the Drive went down. I assume it was working fine before with no erratic
behavior?

Steve Hearns
Technotronic Dimensions, NY [USA]
WWW.TECHNOTRONIC-DIMENSIONS.COM
1-877-817-9885 (Voice / Fax Toll Free - US Only)