[TechAssist] Re: ge/ slv Vcr 1vc4006 + vc2233

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 15:28:02 -0500

C3023 is not in the parts list. The 3000 series parts are on the Y/C pcb.
That is difficult to work on so I usually just pulled one from the boneyard
when I needed one. When I HAD to work on one, I mounted that board on the
bottom of the main board, using 1 inch solid wire jumpers, so I could get at
the parts with test probes. I had lots of bad boards for parts so if one IC
wasnt working properly, which I could tell from bias and waveform
measurements, I could just pull a bunch from the bad boards until one
worked.
I dont recall capacitor problems on that board, but they are old enough now
for the electrolytics to be reaching the end of their life.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609