[TechAssist] fix. Sanyo AVM2758G (G5G-2758G0) AC hum thru picture]

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 13:23:00 -0400

It turns out it was the tuner after all, as was suggested to me on the
forum.I ordered one from Tip-Top Tuner. Got here in a few days. The guy
is nice,and efficient.
Tuner# 1AV4F1BAM0190
Tip Top is at 818-345-1974 in Reseda, CA
He will charge your credit card for just the tuner, no dud or S/H. He
gives you 2 weeks to return the dud. If no return, he will charge your
card about 25.00 more for the dud (on this tuner, others it was a higher
dud fee)
He seems very fair.
Also he sends little notes with the tuner, like "check R106, 27K for
open, adj. T151... to help .
Set has been on now an hour with no hum bars.
THX to all who helped.
Whooda thunka  tuna wooda dunna ting like dis?...
Phil Bader

Two white hum bands slowly moves up thru the picture.When the upper one
gets to the top, the bottom band is showing up.Picture bends in the area
of the bar. I've seen this caused by noise generated in the smps by bad
STR30130's,etc. I changed IC601 (STR30130), all four bridge diodes, the
main filter C606 (470mfd/200V).
Resoldered all over,even jumpered the power relay contacts while
happening,no help.(maybe the contacts were arcing).Takes about 5 min to
show up.I can turn off,then on the power and it instantly clears for a
few minutes.
Gotta be AC power supply hum...
Phil Bader
--