[TechAssist] fix. Panasonic PT-51G44A (AP815 chassis) shuts down instantly: storm damaged]

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 14:39:49 -0400

D838 was a 4.7v zener. Replaced that along with almost every small glass
switching diode in and around the SMPS area.
Had replaced the opto-isolator IC,PS reg IC801, the vertical output, audio
output,etc. most of the "800" series glass
diodes,all shorted.
The final fix part was an SE139 regulator IC802. I bet I invested 20+
tech-hrs on this. Far more than I normally would.I've totalled tvs with
less severe storm damages.
But, he's a good customer who just days before the storm picked it up
with a hefty bill for the previous fix,no complaints.(previously it had
picture distortion,but not dead)Then a bad storm.Zapp! back to the shop.
I promised to waive the labor this time tho no fault of mine.
This puppy was smacked by lightning.
Phil Bader

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx