[TechAssist] Re: fisher PC-3527 horiz output transitor failure

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 15:56:13 -0500

Dave,

Assuming you are using GOOD output transistors, not NTE subs or cheap
generics, check the waveform of the drive signal and ring the yoke.  Have
had trouble with some Sanyo (Fisher) yokes.

HTH,

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

On Wed, 29 May 2002 15:12:53 -0500 "Dave Jacobson"
<dave-nielsenelectric@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I have a fisher tv  PC-3527 in for service with repeat failure of the
> horiz output Q402 & also the regulator str30130 also fails when the
> output fails. The transistor runs very hot then fails. I have changed
> Q401 the driver c428 the 1uf\160 t401 the driver transformer and also
> c401. what am I missing?  The B+ is running right at 130V the bias on
> the output is -.03

>   http://www.tech-assist.org/change.html
> ***NEW*** Tips Added Instantly!!!***
> Submit Repair Tips here: