[TechAssist] Re: durabrand DBTV2500 blows H/O and P.S.

  • From: Alvin Rose <ajroseca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 20:51:58 -0230

Hi Buck
I have repaired a number of durabrand sets which
had the output transistor shorted..You must replace the output
with the original number if it is a D2499 and replace the parts in the
power supply..None of the subs for the output work well and
will fail within an half hour or so. also check the zener diodes
in the circuits for shorted units..they are usually 15 volt zener diodes
Hope your knee is ready for the salmon season...
Best regards
Alvin