[TechAssist] Re: daewoo cn-140 tv vcr

  • From: "Premium Technologies" <premtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 13:54:16 -0700

Hi Alvin,
Pardon me for saying, but the take-up reel sensor in a Daewoo CN-140 is
static not optical.  It's rare that sensor would go bad, but if it did you
should be able to remove the take-up reel after you take the cassette
carriage out of the unit.
After removing the carriage, remove the split-ring from the spindle on top
of the reel and carefully guide the reel up - pushing the brake and retainer
to one side.  But I don't think that's your problem from what you've
described.
My guess is that either the center LED, like Gary said, is bad, or the end
of tape sensors in the cassette carriage are not functioning.  Usually one
or the other side, rather than both, and it's been my experience that the
right side fails a greater percentage of the time.
Hope this helps...
Bill

Premium Technologies
Ocean Park, WA. 98640