[TechAssist] cure Zenith SS1937S/ 9-1119-03r vertical bounce after recapping module

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 13:03:11 -0400

I had this problem in a zenith portable this year. Found my file card.
I needed to wash down the module with isopropol alcohol in a sprayer
bottle while brushing the board, allowing it to run off onto a towel,
washing away the contaminates from the bad caps I replaced. Thoroughly
dried it, bounce gone. The tuner wash didn't do it. Electrolyte is water
soluable so the alcohol works. Tuner degrease seems to just push it around.
Phil Bader

--

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)