[TechAssist] Re: ctc169 power supply problem

  • From: "Damon" <DamonEB@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 21:35:00 -0500

Fluctuation of the DC voltages may be caused by the 143V (normal) supply cap
being dried out, it's located right next door to the Horiz Heat Sink, and in
front of the SMPS transformer.....if this is a PTV that is.
180uf/200V cap....don't have the part # or reference number handy.
I found this out by monitoring the 143V supply with a scope.....looks like
hash sometimes and other times just a NON -Straight or fluctuating DC
voltage.
It'll make a DC volt meter go nuts.....or it will just look like the voltage
floats all over the place.

Damon B
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne IN