[TechAssist] Re: ctc 203ax 27" RCA

  • From: Jim Myers <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 15:24:36 -0500

I decided to try the capacitor and there are no ill effects that I can
see, I also do not see any closed caption options in the menu so maybe
this set doesn't have closed caption. CTC203AX1 model F25645YX2 made in
April Y2K. Can't tune it to Spike TV, no cable at this location. The
sound was ok when I plugged it in as I figured it would be. I think I'll
start telling customers we can add the capacitor and take care of a
couple of other common problems, L14101 and resolder H drive
transformer, if they want or they can just take it back home and plug it
back in. As far as disconnecting Gemstar, this set does work without it
but I have seen some versions that would not work with Gemstar
disconnected. Setting zip code to 99999 may work but no way to test it.

The Old Master Technician
Since 1972                     *
Jim Myers                      *
Telrad Electronics             *