[TechAssist] Re: crt heater voltage

  • From: "Bil Green" <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 14:17:04 -0700

Almost always 6VAC.  Most DMM's will not measure
it because it is 15kz.  Too high to measure.  If you
are lucky the meter may read as high as 2 or 3 volts.

I go by the brightness of the filament.  Bright orange
is good.  You could make a test jig using a diode
and cap - then you reading would be about 7VDC.

Bil