[TechAssist] computer guru needed

  • From: "repair1" <repair1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:51:27 -0500

I have been having computer problems for several days, I had to replace my
modem last week, would drop out  every few seconds, my problem I have now is
that once I connect to internet, within a few minues, every thing slows
down, email would take several seconds to load one small message, sometimes
pc would hang up, non responsive, disconnect it runs fine,(iam using
earthlonk dialup), last week I ran updated virus scan(mcafee), found one
infected file in local settings, called js no close, mcafee, removed it, I
defragged ,did symstem updates,nothing helps, I am running windows xp home
edition, when I bring up task manager, and look at  cpu usage, it shows
usuage is spiking, at regular intervals from 5to 10% to 100%, the realtime
graph looks like a series of narrow spikes, I have done every thing I can
think of, any help would be greatly appreciated.

charles betzler
Best Electronics
repair1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!