[TechAssist] compatability of substitute HR8193 flyback for a Sony 8-598-809-00

  • From: "Dale Lubow" <harristv50010@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 21:35:35 -0500

I have a bad Sony flyback #8-598-809-00 that is in a model# KV-35S42. I
ordered a HR8193 to replace it. If you imagine that the shape of the flyback
pins is in the shape of the horseshoe. The distance between pins(1 & 2) and
pins(9, 10 & 11) of the Sony flyback that would be on the legs of the
horseshoe are  1/4" farther apart than the HR flyback pins. So basically I
would need to bend all the legs of the HR flyback 1/8" out to fit PWB board.
I can probably do that but the HR flyback is missing two pins that the Sony
flyback has. There is a sheet with the HR flyback that says the missing pin
is just a ground that is connected internally. The question I have is that
one of the pins missing is pin 11 which connects to T504 Dynamic Focus
Transformer.

Has any one had one of these HR flybacks work well for this Sony flyback? I
should probably estimate the original replacement but the cost difference
might cost me the repair.

TIA
Dale

Dale A. Lubow C.E.T.