[TechAssist] Re: ck3526r dead degauss relay clicks

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:32:39 -0400

I highly recommend checking the polar nichicon electrolytics in these older
Mitsubishis.  You may have recalls with weird problems if you don't.  There
tend to leak electrolyte which can cause problems as the cap changes
performance and as shorts and corrosion occur on the board.  I will not even
give an estimate on one without checking of leakage.  It is pretty easy to
spot on the boards on both sides.  Another check is to heat the negative
lead and notice a fishy smell.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Service Manager
Electronics World