[TechAssist] Re: camcorder's error codes

  • From: "C&W Electronics" <c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 19:52:39 -0600

Bill S,
I say "Bull". Every cheepo VCR and TV and PC had no problems with the
millenium and I am pretty sure camcorders are no exception. I don't service
camcorders, so I could be wrong, but it sounds like the tech is groping.

Good hunting.
Paul W
C&W Electronics

From: "Bill S" <billans@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] camcorder's error codes
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 14:28:08 -0800

Hi all..

I got this camcorder -JVC Model # GR-AX55U in that has an error code E3
initially and then the customer tried to change the date and time stamp on
it and now there is nothing showing up??  What does that code mean??  This
unit was made in 1993 and the customer said that JVC said that it was the
'millenium' problem.

Another customer came in today with a sony and that sony also said their
camcorder was a product that was defective due to the millenium
problem......

Ummmmm  are they right?
Thanks
Bill