[TechAssist] Re: av48wp30 red convergance problem

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 23:01:22 -0500

Don,
From JVC  site:
Symptoms:Unit's red convergence is skewed left, image is unclear.
Cause:Defective red convergence STK on the convergence board. My unit also had
burnt R842
and R843 on the convergence board.
Cure:Replace the STK IC5804-05, R842 and R843, and my unit also had a bad red
CRT which I
believe caused this IC and resistors to blow. (After changing the IC and
resistors, the
heatsink got very hot, so changing the red CRT fixed that problem.)
Jeff
--
Intrepid Video TV/VCR Repair
263 S Front St, Steelton PA 17113