[TechAssist] Re: apple colorsync monitor

  • From: "David Lessard" <mrfixit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:04:57 -0500

OK, if its a vertical problem this fix may apply,

Apple colorsync M3705 monitor displays half screen verticle when connected
to computer, but internal signal, controls etc. display ok. Check connector
of H-deflection yoke for bad solder joints. In that case, QL-23 is also bad
(replace!). Replace RL163 (even if it measures ok!!). Another cause is a bad
capacitor CL-9. Most of the time one pin is burnt. In that case, replace the
capacitor and also the above QL23 abd RL163. If this does not solve your
problem, check if the collector of TL23 is about 50-60V dc. If not, check
QL2. We had two cases with the same problem caused by a shortcircuit between
QL3 and the heatsink (replace the siliconrubber).

If its a horizontal problem I'm not really sure where to look.

David