[TechAssist] Re: add in techlist

  • From: "Doug" <dek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 14:40:45 -0500 (EST)

No, anybody CAN'T get ON (notice the word, which translates into "posting
and receiving repiles") the A list. The A-list ARCHIVES are what are
searchable through google. You don't get ON the list unless you are a
professional member of techassist. The TV list is open to the general
public, but not A,B, or Chat.  That is part of the problem here. People
grab a short term out of a 200 word explanation of what is what, and run
with it like it is the Gospel. If you are NOT a PAYING MEMBER OF
TECHASSIST, you DO NOT have access to send or receive email to the email
lists that are set up for the professional members OF techassist. You can
read the archives from A on google, and that's it. I must have been
mistaken all along because I thought everyone (member) already knew that
the email lists are private. That's why you MUST use the address you
signed up with to use the email lists. If a post comes from a non-member
email address, it goes into the ecartis blackhole and NEVER APPEARS ON THE
LIST AT ALL, (unless it is forwarded to the list BY a paid member). Why do
you think that it asks for your username and password to even CHANGE your
email address? Could it possibly be for security reasons?? If any of you
out there don't believe me, go to hotmail or yahoo or some domain, make up
a bullshit email address, and try posting to  techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ,
repair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx , or chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx . All of this is
explained on the site, so I can't even grasp why no one seems to know how
the email system, that a lot have been using for 5+ years, even works. I
want everyone of you to go do what I just posted above and try it. That
way there will NEVER, EVER be any reason whatsoever for the topic of "But
the public gets on the lists and steals our fixes, etc.". The tips need
posted into the tip database instead of just being put into the archives
anyway. It would be so much easier to see a post with "ctc169 - no startup
- fix posted in the database" than to see it replied to 227 times on list
email when everyone could then go to the SEARCHABLE TIP DATABASE and get
it there. And btw, the tip database is only available for FULL, CURRENTLY
PAID-UP MEMBERS also! If your dues expire and you do not renew within the
grace period, you will find that your login stops working, you receive no
more A , B, or Chat email, etc. This is for a REASON. The REASON is that
this is set up for DUES-PAYING PROFESSIONAL TECHNICIANS. What you see on
the interent is the culmination of YEARS (yes, I said YEARS) of mostly
just Jay and me sitting on the computer for 27 hours a day figuring,
trying, going back to the blackboard to try something different because
the first, or 17th, didn't work how we wanted. Also, there are several
members out there who have helped tremendously over the years trying new
things out, etc.
Now, everyone go try what it says above. This bullshit rhetoric of members
griping about John Q. Public being on the lists is beyond old and
ridiculous.
Doug

Doug
dek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx