[TechAssist] Re: adaptors for Chipper Checker

  • From: walter wood <wwood_38478@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 19:20:44 -0800 (PST)

Yes, this is the one that I was screaming about 6
months ago.
The manual plainly states that the ATC311 MUST be
aligned with CC, but does not mention anything but
the crossover eithernet cable.
When I finally got Tech Support to tell me that I
needed the adaptor for convergence only, I found
that the adaptor had not been manufactured yet.
The chassis has been out way over a year.
I was told by sencore that they had them built by
early August.
And thomson is just now telling us about it!!!
What a company!!
Maybe the chinese will do it better.
Thomson is french you know.
Walter
--- Mouton's Electronics <moutons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

<http://www.rca.com/images/BBN_EMAIL_HEADER_print.jpg>

> Thomson Service Network Newsletter  November  6,
> 2003
>

> Important Information- For Immediate Review
> NEW CHIPPER CHECK ADAPTER P/N TECI1
>
> November  6, 2003
>
> Dear Valued Servicer,
>

> Thomson is pleased to announce the release of a
> new Chipper Check adapter
> that supports recently released chassis.  In
> addition, the functionality of
> the adapter has been expanded to include several
> prior chassis and allows
> for easy upgrade to future chassis designs.
>
> By doing this, we have reduced the cost and
> logistics to the servicer by
> providing multiple adapters in one.
>   <http://download.rca.com/images/tce1.jpg>
> New Chassis that are covered
> * All DM2 Based Chassis (ATC311)
>
> * All DM2CR Based Chassis (ATC311CR, DLP)
>
> * All future DM3 Based Chassis
>
> * ITC008
>
> * ATC221
>
> * ITC222 (future - will require a 10 pin simple
> cable at a later date)
>
> Cables Included (3)
> * Convergence Cable for ATC311
>
> * Convergence Cable for MM102
>
> * 4 pin TECI Cable for ATC221 and ITC008
>
> (for future chassis, you will need to procure
> additional cables at the time
> of their release)
>
> Previous chassis now covered by the new adapter
> (Previously covered by adapter 253684 and 253685)
>
> * MM101, MM102
>
> * CTC210, CTC211
>
> * DTV306, DTV307
>
> * LCOS
>
> Adapters for Chipper Check can be obtained by
> contacting Sencore at
> 1-800-736-2673
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Michael Begala
> Manager, Product Technical Services
>

>   _____
>

> Please do not reply to this email. You are
> receiving this email because you
> are a registered Thomson Dealer or Servicer. If
> you have further questions
> please  <mailto:thomson-network@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> click here to email the Thomson
> Network Administrator.
>

> ©2003  Thomson Inc.

> Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
> http://sell.tech-assist.org
> The Tech Address Book:
> Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your
> Email Address:
> http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your
> Login Info?".

=====