[TechAssist] Zenith projection tv model IQB50M90W, chassis ZP90, no video

  • From: "Jerry" <geiting@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 16:02:49 -0500

This Hitachi chassis set has audio, OSD but no video.  Have traced video to
VCJ ic TA1222BN but there is very little signal at RGB outputs of this IC
(except when OSD is active).  I don't have data for this set (I didn't even
know that Hitachi made projection sets for Zenith!) but found lit for a
Toshiba TV that uses the TA1222BN and the only thing that seems to be
missing is the RGB output signal.  But the Toshiba data is vague as to what
should be on each pin of the IC.  I've tried web searches (google, etc.) for
this IC to no avail.  If anyone has info that could help, I would appreciate
it.  I will try this IC as it's not expensive, but I was hoping to find more
info about the video circuit of this set and the jungle IC.  Thanks.

Jerry Eiting  geiting@xxxxxxxxxx
Christians Electronic Service
Piqua, Ohio

Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here: