[TechAssist] Re: Zenith ZB3193Y Digital C

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:50:23 -0400

OOOOOOh yes. I have a 35" console in my shop in storage.
The Bose board can kill the whole set. There is a Bose power supply
module and the Bose sound amp 9-700. My 9-700 had some circuit burnt
traces.We repaired that,replaced some lytic caps.Ran some weeks OK ,then
intermittantly wuld "pop", speakers a loud thump, picture/sound went
(black). I unplugged the 9-700 power board's line down to the main board
and cured the power losses. The Bose,or power supply failure was the
cause.
9-700 NLA. NO module rebuilders will touch it.Usually this 9-700 will
destroy the speakers as well.
I actually bought a small 10 watt stereo amp kit to install as a work
around, but never did it.
Thought I would just leave the Bose boards disconnected and run the
whole thing thru a surround amp/cable box arangement.

Phil Bader

Paul wrote:

> This is one of those Zenith sets with the Bose audio and the 9-700 main board
> made in1989. To my knowledge the board is no longer available. The problem is
>  the signal goes to snow intermittently.Loses picture and sound is muted
> because of loss of signal.  Also lower channels are snowy.This uses a
> prescaler and ICs on board to tune, per the info that I have.  All the supply
> voltages and lytics are OK. Was wondering if anyone is familiar with this
> chassis and problem.I didn't find anything in my Zenith data base that was of
> any help. Could the prescaler be the culprit?      Paul
>
> Paul ,B
>                                        Central TV&Video
>
>      Grover Beach Ca.

> CHECK OUT THE NEW CHATROOM! Just login and click on chat!
> The Tech Address Book:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx