[TechAssist] Re: Zenith Z52Z95D 9-1690-1 Convergence repeat failure

  • From: "Ed" <edb3@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:19:14 -0700

Shaun, usually when the convergence ic's in zenith sets fail after a short
time the Dc off sets are not properly set, and the convergence may look
great, but the convergence ic's are driving the conv yokes too hard, causing
the ic's to fail. If you cant find the procedure let me know i can probably
dig it up, dont have it with me today. Basicly what you do is disable the
conv correction by pressing the freeze button (i think ) with the cross
hatch on, when you do that the red is offset to the right of green, and the
blue is left of green, by how much i cant remember, if not set right, will
cause the ic's to fail, it is adjusted with the centering magnets
       Ed   Video Pro-Tech
               Mesa AZ----- Original Message -----