[TechAssist] Zenith Z32X31D; Keyboard functions incorect after replacing board.

  • From: "Myers TV" <myerstv@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tech-assist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:14:17 -0400

Hi everyone,

This job has me climbing the walls.

We replaced the original board on this set with a Zenith replacement. We had
two problems:
1) The Source menu was gone, and therefore, we couldn't access the video
input jacks.
2) The keyboard functions were incorrect.

Replaceing the board again, cured the input problem,
but the Keyboard buttons still do not work properly. It is almost like the
software is set for a different keyboard matrix.

I can't find anything in the service menu to switch keyboard configurations.
So, I'm faced with replacing the keyboard. I'm hesitent to do that, though,
till I hear back from you.

Help!

John Myers
Myers TV Service Co.    Since 1984