[TechAssist] Re: Zenith Yoke

  • From: "Christopher Barnak" <cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:42:22 -0500

Greg,

We have a couple of hundred TV's with this model in our system. I've
had one with a bad
yoke, and had to order the CRT and Yoke, I believe it was about $180
includes shipping from Zenith.

I like to know the symptom you had when the yoke was bad. The one I had
had 14 rings . A good
one had 15 rings. But that's the only diffenence. Except when I hooked
up the one to the new
Large Signal Module (which I also had to replace) the SMPS would
squeall. Seems the yoke
was what damaged the LSM. What was your symptom ?

These sets a very expensive because they are "Presentation models" and
are SVGA compatable monitors.
With the Scan Card (opt) these sets are running us $800. The sets hook
up ok without the scaler/scan card
at 800 X 600 X 60 Hz  without the card. But the dummies here buy it
with the card. A new card cost
$400.00.  So I swap it with a unit that doesn't need the scan card.
It's actually only needed when you use a Laptop
or computer that cannot be set to the 800 x 600 x 60 Hz resolution
and/or refresh rate.

Christopher Barnak, CET
Norfolk Public Schools
Electronics Division
966 Bellmore Ave.
Norfolk, Va. 23504

Phone 757 628 3385
Fax      757 628 3392
cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> gaserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 1/29/2005 10:19:44 AM >>>
I have a Zenith Model H27D46DT that has a bad yoke & Zenith thinks this
RCA
tube has a molded yoke on it, but it doesn't.  The service manual show
the
yoke is CRT replacement as well, but I know that is not right.  The
yoke has
no Zenith part # itself but does have a TCE # of TCE 445-2-109-11613.
I' ve
checked with RCA parts distributer but they couldn't do anything with
that
#.  Got a school district that we sold a many & they got 3 down with
the
yoke problem. TIA, Greg
Gregory B. Smith
G & A Electronic Services