[TechAssist] Zenith TVY2021TV/VCR shuts off Fix

  • From: DnTwnTV@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 20:06:54 EST

This Zenith TV/VCR Model TVY2021 When set is plugged into ac, tries to eject
with no tape in it, then shuts off. Push power button will come on for about
10 seconds and shuts off. (Fix)   Resolder p/c bd. in and around the mode
switch connector to main bd. Clean and bend contacts out on connector to
ensure good connection to the mode switch. This was a very elusive problem. I
had checked end sensors, mode switch  internally, as well as power to all the
components mentioned. Cleaned all the contacts inside and out of the mode
switch. Found problem by accident. When checking the operation sequence I had
my arm resting on the cassette holder {no screws in it} and it started to
work normally. That's when I started soldering every thing in the vicinity.
It didn't cure it completely, but by raising the main bd. a little it would
work. Finally went back to the mode switch plug. It looked fine but bent the
contacts. It worked ok.     Paul
    Paul

                         Central TV
                                                                   Grover