[TechAssist] Re: Zenith TV Mod# A25A11D, Module#

  • From: Dennis Viereck <wa6ati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 07:41:25 -0800

Read the original post. He said "the menu is fine". That statement would
preclude the the need to mention high voltage since you would not have
menu if high voltage were gone. (EHT).
He also said it had sound. Granted, he did not say what kind of sound. I
believed that the sound he heard is the demodulated audio from the
broadcast station. I could be mistaken.

If I'm not mistaken then the tuner has to be working too. Since the 4.5
mhz sound sub carrier is stripped from the demodulated video, I am
making the assumption that the tuner is producing composite video at
it's detector since audio is present at the output of the FM
demodulator.

That is why I asked him to check to see if he has composite video or
luminance at the output of the color/luminance separation circuit, or
comb filter if it has one.

Dennis Viereck