[TechAssist] Re: Zenith Sy3581DT

  • From: "Bob@Bobs tv" <woodman1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:55:32 -0500

Dave,
        Does the fuse blow at plug in or turn on? Try unplugging 3A5 {in
front of fly} and see what happens.......According to Ztips the SMPS is  a
9-1672-01.. I'm working on a IQ3597BT and it uses a 9-1673-01.. Found
shorted transistors on the video output board and shorted CX3452 on SMPS..
Replacing was no help so I ordered a CRT board...But now at least  set turns
on with CRT leads unplugged from SMPS  with HV and sound..I gave up trying
generic  transformers on the zenith 32" and 35" most wont work or give
strange symptoms like turning up screen set shuts down...Sorry no print on
that model nor does Zenith list it on there site...
Hope this helps...
Bob,

Bobs TV   Worcester, ma

woodman1@xxxxxxxx