[TechAssist] Zenith SY3581DT modules 9-1675-01, 9-1672-01 int vid & osd

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:33:24 -0400

I'd like to know what signals from the sweep board go to the main board if
someone has a manual.

This one has intermittent video and OSD.  It also has erratic color, looks
like an AKB problem.  All the usual suspects on the CRT board are OK and the
tube tests good.  Can't tie it down to thermal or connection problems.  I
had sent the main board in to TSM for rebuild and it came back and does the
same thing.  I thought that heating and cooling the micro module effected
the problem, but it is hard to reproduce.

Also, while I had the OSD up for a bit I was able to get into the service
mode and attempted to adjust the white balance and found the green
adjustments had no effect at all.  This makes me suspect the VCJ or related
circuits, but I know that I don't have OSD out of the micro when it goes.  I
must be missing something.

One strange thing that I noticed is that sometimes adjusting the screen
control affects the menu coming and going.  When it comes and goes it looks
like the sync is corrupted and has ripples rolling through vertically.
Sometimes disconnecting the antenna input will bring up the OSD, but
unstable.  Any info on the sync paths for the OSD, clock and data lines, and
insertion points on the VCJ would be appreciated also.

I have already changed R3234, BTW, though it was fine.

Thanks.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Electronics World
Gainesville, FL