[TechAssist] Zenith SY2772DT 9-1629

  • From: peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:05:32 -0700

Won't turn off,and comes on when plugged in.
Power Button,nor Remote will turn the set off.
I'm not sure if it had this symptom initially or not.
This set had a weak picture,I rejuvinated and now it has a great picture.
Obviously,I had to go into the Service Menu to adjust the Gray Scale,and
I'm wondering if
I gave it this Won't Turn off,comes on at plug-in symptom.
I'm not an expert at these Zenith Service Menus,so I was hoping one of you
could guide me
a little on these Paramters.

I'm asking because,I know Zenith has a few Strange Adjustments/Parameters
in their
Service Menu.The one that comes to mind is For the Remote Control.
A setting that will keep the Remote from working.
Zen 2,I think it's called(which will not change for me,BTW)...............

..........well I just answered my own question(by accident) but I thought I
would post this anyway
for those, like me,that didn't know.
After getting in the Service Menu(Menu,9,8,7,6,Enter) on the first page is an
AC On(1 is On,0 is Off,I had changed it to 1).......I had mistakenly
thought this was Auto-Color.
Well it's not, it keeps the TV in the On state.

Peggs
Peggs' Electronics
1519 West 2nd Street
Owensboro,KY 42301