[TechAssist] Re: Zenith SS6515G, Intermittent Sound, FIXED

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 09:31:23 -0600

Thanks to Jeff Dougherty, Clint Hamilton, and Ralph Dorsey,

The set is fixed, or will be in a few minutes when my iron gets hot.  I
applied pressure to the control panel and sound returned.  This is one I
will not forget and my help y'all!

I apologize for not listing the module numbers in my original post.  I
know better than that.  I had them written down on my desk to include in
the post, but was tired and just forgot to include them.  I list them
below:

Thanks again,

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32561
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

-----------------------

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 23:10:08 -0500 "Jeff Dougherty"
<jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Ken,
> Sorry about the CAPS>...I just copied and pasted.
> From Tech-Repair CD:
> APPLY PRESSURE ON THE CONTROL PANEL. POOR SOLDER CONNECTIONS
> ON THE GRIPLETS OR EYELETS BETWEEN 6B4 & 7A4 PLUGS ON THE
> CONTROL PANEL
> If this isn't the problem, send the module number..I may have
> something
> under that.
> You should always post the module/chassis and model number.
> Jeff
>
> mailto:Jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  www.9-11-2001tragedy.com
> Help those affected by the NY/PA tragedy:
> The Red Cross needs is mobilizing a national blood drive and needs
> your
> help. Please call 800-GIVE LIFE, to find out where in your area you
> can
> donate blood.
> FAX 1-413-280-0677
> Intrepid Video & Electronics