[TechAssist] Zenith SR2571DT, module 9-1445, pix goes dark

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:55:18 -0600

Friends,

I have been thru Zenith hell this week.  Three sets this week with the
almost identical symptoms.  Each have the typically lousy Zenith picture
for a few minutes to several hours.  Then, on two of the sets, the
picture becomes so dark that the image is barely visible.  On the third,
there is no image at all.  Turning up G2 has no effect.

It may be the CRT bad in all three, but that would be a whale of a
coincidence and I don't ever remember seeing something like that before.
The only "evidence" I have is that on one of the sets, we heard arcing in
the neck of the crt when the pix went dark.  I tapped on the neck.  The
power supply blew out.

BTW, the boards on the other two sets are 9-1458 and 9-1457.

Have any of you run into a similar problem?

Thanks,

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway