[TechAssist] Re: Zenith SR2569S (9-1537) Vert,Deflection Problem...

  • From: tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 11 Feb 2002 10:35:04 -0800

Your Welcome. Most diminished vert. deflection problems with caps are heat
related and at times will locate poor solder connections..  You should make it
a habit like I do, solder all the IC connections first. There aren't that many
and could save a lot of time. Neil

> ** Original Subject: RE: [Declasses] Re: Zenith S.D. (9-1537)
> Vert,Deflection Problem...
> ** Original Sender: "Bruce Teleman" <tied@simpatico>
> ** Original Date: Mon, 11 Fe 2002 12:46:05 -0500 (EST)

> ** Original Message follows...

> Fixed.... Thank you Neil.. I used freeze spray and the deflection went to
> full screen momentarily. I changed a couple caps in the area but same
> problem. I then soldered all the connections in the Vertical IC area and
> this solved the problem. Could not visually see poor solder connections even
> with a magnifier .
> The set would not respond to any other method so the freeze spray did the
> trick.  Seems simple must be!!
>
> Bruce
> B&B Electronics.
>

> ----- Original Message -----From: <advocators@earthlike>

TV Doctors    108 W. Main St. Monroe,Wa. 98272    360-794-6469

SUBJECT field to the address above.