[TechAssist] Re: Zenith SMS7247S

  • From: WWill90634@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 15:29:50 EST

In a message dated 2/27/2006 2:55:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
contitv@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
What's  the board# or #'s on that Model. The NTE 2331 Crosses to the
121-1148.

ohn
Conti'sTV
Texas

>From:  WWill90634@xxxxxxx
>To:  Techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [TechAssist] Zenith SMS7247S Date:  Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:28:12 EST
>
>I need help badly with this set .  The HOT Q3200 was shorted. Someone on
>Techassist said that a NTE 238  would replace it. I orded the 238 and it
>came in  a
>T03  case. Someone else state that a NTE 2331 or a 2SD-1477 would work,  I
>tried  those,no positive results. the number on the original  transistor is
>1148.
>The  set turns on  and back  within a couple of seconds.leave the power on
>and
>it  keep  shuting off and on with hiting the power switch. I don't know if  I
>have  another problem or if my sub is not  correct.
>Will
>
>Soundview Electronics
>Four Oaks,  N.C.   27524
>
>919-963-3160

>This  Email List is accessible to the general public through search engines.

>Remove: http://www.tech-assist.org/remove.htm
>Set Vacation
>mailto:ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=set%20techassist%20vacation
>Lost  Password: http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Login  Problems?".
>Email Archives:  //www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/

Express  yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE!

This  Email List is accessible to the general public through search engines.
Remove:  http://www.tech-assist.org/remove.htm
Set Vacation  mailto:ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=set%20techassist%20vacation
Lost  Password: http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Login  Problems?".
Email Archives:  //www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/

Replaced The HOT transistor, leave the set unplugged for a  while, plug it in
again the set will come on without activating the power  switch, have good
picture and audio for 5-10 seconds then go into shut down.  Then it will try to
start up again intermittently,
 Any tips on what may be causing the  problem?

Thanks in  advance for your assistance

Will
Soundview Electronics
Four Oaks,  N.C. 27524