[TechAssist] Re: Zenith SM2568S (9-1407) small horiz red band at top

  • From: Jay <jhk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 09:31:35 -0500

Hi all,
    Years ago when I thought I had enough tools to fix any tv this
happened. I was working on a dead set. I took out a cap and tested it . My
capacitor meter said it was right on the money. I checked it for leakage it
was ok so I put it back in the set and started looking elsewhere for the
problem. After a hour or so I decided to take a break. The tech next to me
said can I take a look at it? He went to the first cap that I suspected and
tested it with his esr meter popped another new one in and turned on the
set. All the while he had a little smirk on his face.  Later that day he
helped me fix two vcr power supplies that I thought I had checked every cap
in and I was ready to give up on. In no time they were fixed.  Needless to
say the next day I had a esr meter on order. It has helped me make
thousands over the years quickly.  For what this is worth to you all .  Jay

At 06:53 PM 10/31/01, you wrote:

> [...]
> > ACCURATE.
> >
> > Richard.
> >
> > >From: "Jeff Dougherty" >Reply-To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >To:
> > >Subject:
> > [TechAssist] Re: Zenith SM2568S (9-1407) small horiz red band at top
> > >Date:
> > Tue, 30 Oct 2001 16:23:13 -0500 >>>Now..that was funny, Phil. >I
> > know what
> > you mean, I love the Dick Smith meter. >I will give that, and Jeff's
> > suggestion a shot. >>Jeff >>mailto:Jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > www.9-11-2001tragedy.com >Help those affected by the NY/PA tragedy:
> > >The Red
> > Cross needs is mobilizing a national blood drive and needs your
> > >help.
> > Pleasecall 800-GIVE LIFE, to find out where in your area you can
> > >donate
> > blood. >FAX 1-413-280-0677 >Intrepid Video &Electronics >Harrisburg,
> > PA
> > 17111>717-909-8844 >www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net
> > www.thetoolcaddy.com >----- Original Message ----- >From: "Phil
> > Bader" >To:
> > >Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2001 4:28 AM >Subject: [TechAssist] Re:
> > Zenith
> > SM2568S (9-1407) small horiz red band at >top >>>>>>Always,always
> > ESR those
> > blue caps in these Zeniths..Causes a multitude >>of strange
> > symptoms. The
> > other day I had a Zenith with 14 caps bad. I >>just kept ESR'ing and
> > replacing,as the picture got better and better.My >>Dick-Smith ESR
> > meter is
> > amust.It would be near impossible to zip from >>one cap to the other
> > without
> > it. If I was running from a burning >>building the Dick Smith would
> > be under
> > problem was blown fuse, shorted ICX3431(STR53041) and shorted
> > have a red horizontal band, top of screen about 2" high. >>>Any help
> > on this
> > one? >>>Thanks. >>>>>>Jeff >>>>>>mailto:Jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > www.9-11-2001tragedy.com >>>Help those affected by the NY/PA
> > tragedy: >>>The
> > Red Cross needs is mobilizing a national blood drive and needs your
> > Please call 800-GIVE LIFE, to find out where in your area you can
> > blood. >>>FAX 1-413-280-0677 >>>Intrepid Video &Electronics
> > PA17111 >>>717-909-8844 >>>www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net
> > www.thetoolcaddy.com >>>>>>Help make your TechAssist online repair
> > tips
> > write
> > to: >>>techassist-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >>>with unsubscribe in the
> > subject
> > line. >>Help make your TechAssist online repair tips >>database
> > better!
> > Submit your fixes here:
> > unsubscribe in the subject line. >>>>>>Help make your TechAssist
> > online
> > repair tips >database better! Submit your fixes here:

Jay
  from Jay's TV Service
          Nutter Fort, W.V.

To unsubscribe write to: