[TechAssist] Zenith SJ9935S strange problem

  • From: "James M. Osburn" <josbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:38:33 -0600

Hi Techs,
This set came in with no vertical deflection. The customer said before the
picture collapsed there was another problem with the picture. I replaced the
vertical IC and a couple of bad caps to repair the vertical sweep. Now the
problem is in the Horizontal position. The entire picture is shifted to the
left about 3 inches. I have tried to access the service menu to check the
HPOS adjustment but not sure which procedure this set uses. I am working
without a manual (hope I don't get slammed for that :). Another problem is I
can't get the menu to show on screen. I have spent a lot of time on this dog
and am about to the point of estimating a rebuilt chassis but due to the
small size of the set I'm sure it will end up at the landfill if I do that.
Anybody seen a problem like this before? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Mark Osburn
J.M. Audio Video Repair
3701 Carthage Street
Fort Smith, Arkansas