[TechAssist] Zenith SJ2743LK (9-1054 module) no color

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 09:39:25 -0400

I had a Zenith SJ2743LK with a 9-1054 main module that the customer said had
a black and white picture. Turning on the set revealed a greenish picture
with little red and almost no blue but the picture was not black and white.
I rejuvenated the CRT with the Sencore and restored the red and blue enough
to obtain just about a perfect gray scale. I then set the color and it
looked great. When turned on again, it had no color (but perfect gray
scale). Figuring this had intermittent color, I replaced C2362 (2.2 mfd/50
volt) but it still had no color. The set was in the home and I do not carry
a scope on the road. Anyone have any ideas?

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager
Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms