[TechAssist] Zenith Red convergence problem

  • From: Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:53:46 -0600

I'm working on a Zenith (Hitachi) IQB55M90W which had a beverage spilled
on it.  The liquid flowed down the front of the screen and zapped the
control panel board and then continued on to render the convergence
correction board defunct.  I was able to wash and refurb the control
panel board, and I replaced the convergence correction board.  After
spending an hour tweaking the pots on the new convergence board, I was
able to get the green and blue properly adjusted and alligned.  The red
image is malformed in a fashion that I can't seem to compensate for
using the dynamic convergence controls.  It appears almost as though the
vertical pincushion is way off(such that the image is vertically
squashed), but only on the left edge.  Also, at the top of the red
image, there is an upward bulge left-of-center and a downward bulge
right-of-center such that a slight almost s-curve is formed.  I have
tried every permutation of pincushion, keystone, and skew that I can
conceive.  I'm thinking that there may be a problem with this
convergence board.

Matt Graham
Birmingham, AL