[TechAssist] Re: Zenith Recall

  • From: "Electric Medic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 00:47:21 -0500

I would have thought all of those would have been repaired or modified by
now. In our area alone we must have done over a hundred. I thought zenith
sent a letter to all customers that registered their set. So now after
Zenith paid all of our service centers to install that tube kit, they still
will have to replace the set, or pay us again to do another modification. I
wonder what the recall means, does that mean a service center will be
contracted to repair these or are the customers getting new PTV's? Maybe
some service centers will get some additional business. I just wish TCE and
Samsung would do the same. They are leaking in our area more than Zenith
ever did. Most of those Zenith's we modified were not even leaking.

Perry Bower
Electric Medic
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
http://www.electricmedic.com