[TechAssist] Re: Zenith Pvy5265RK shutting down 9-1647 sweep

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:10:15 -0400

On smaller TVs like 27" I have had this due to a bad main voltage
regulator,like the STR30130's and surrounging components. It was just
"on the fence" near shut down voltage.Attaching the cable increased the
current just enough to push it over the edge and shut it down. Measure
the main reg. voltage source.
Phil Bader

al m wrote:

> This set is a pain. I changed flyback twice with different flys and it still
> shuts off when cable is attached.Power supplies are all steady. I figure it's
> going into able shutdown but I don't know why. It runs all day without the
> cable connected.checked able circuit and really can't find anything
> wrong.before I send this board out does anyone have any suggestions. Don't
> have a splitter to put in. If someone has a known good flyback 95-4134-15 or
> a splitter, I would pay the shipping here and back for test purposes. Thanks.
> al marquardt
> ampm@xxxxxxx
> Al Marquardt Electronic Repair
> 206 W Main
> Girardville Pa. 17935
> Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
> http://sell.tech-assist.org
> The Tech Address Book:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org