[TechAssist] Re: Zenith Projo Z52Z95D8 Picture has Flashing Spells, OSD doesn't display while flashing.

  • From: "Lyles Tv" <tech@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:48:11 -0500

It might be the same or similar problem that I just had on a multiple
repeat.  Someone here helped me---thank you.   Check the deflection panel.
It is standing vertically behind the flyback.  My symptom was the picture
was going dark, but I could see it causing many other intermittant symptoms.
I took the board off of the smps module, and was glad I did cause it allowed
me to see bad connections I would have otherwise missed if I had left it on
the module. It had bad connections ALL over it.    BTW.  Even after getting
the cure to my symptom from someone here, heating, cooling, flexing, and
tapping would not force it to act up.  I allmost blew it off, till I seen a
single suspicious joint from the front of set with a flashlight.  I will
ALLWAYS pull and solder these now.
Jeff Farnsworth
Lyles TV and Appliance
17 S Washington St