[TechAssist] Re: Zenith PVY4665RK Dimensions

  • From: mebonnell@xxxxxxxxx (Old TV Man)
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:51:25 -0500

WOW. That wore me out just reading it. Ha.

Max Bonnell
Bonnell TV
Robinson, IL

Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From:
damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Damon) Date: Wed, Sep 8, 2004, 7:43am To:
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Zenith PVY4665RK
Dimensions Reply=A0to: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You'll be able to lay that piece of crap (yes, crap) down, just take out
the 3rd row of seats, and maybe the 2nd row......bring 2
blankets...no... fluffy quilts are better. Lay one inside and double
fold or triple fold the other one for cushy protection on the bumper (I
always lay this one Under the "inside" blanket).

[Now this section below is for Newbie loaders, or anybody that hasn't
loaded Projos for a living]
If you're not a regular loader/pickup man of Projos, best way to
transport this TV is with the screen down on the floor and speaker
grille removed (makes for better places to grab in loading/unloading). I
normally roll out the TV on an appliance cart, remove the cart, set the
TV about 1 1/2 to 2 foot away from the bumper on the van, put my foot
>>right in front<< of the TV and use it as a block while I push it over
and lay it on the padded bumper.

Remove foot (and if you had it far enough away from the bumper it should
lay down) and proceed to the back/bottom of the set. Lots of things to
grab and lift up on there....just grab something comfy and lift up
(remember that the TV may want to kick out towards you, and scratch the
fine plastic finish....so lifting up fast and firmly will avoid any
scratches). You want to get this up fast, and HIGH around hip to waist
high, then you can push it with your body weight....sometimes I use my
thighs as a lever, or hips to hump it into the van. ;-).

BUT THE BEST THING TO REMEMBER is if you lay it down and lift it and you
can't push it in .... you can start over by setting it down and
repositioning the distance between bumper and TV...the closer the TV is
to the van the <easier> it is to slide it in, but <harder> to lay it
down (and kick-out can occur) ; further away it's vice-versa.....you
have to find that happy medium. I prefer further away for starters.
HTH
Damon the PTV humpin' (5 foot 5 inch tall) Loader