[TechAssist] Re: Zenith Model # B25AO2Z Module 9-2143 Shuts Down

  • From: javiles929@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 13:15:01 EST

In a message dated 12/30/01 10:17:57 PM Pacific Standard Time,
GOMDWIL@xxxxxxx writes:

> Subj: [TechAssist] Zenith Model # B25AO2Z Module 9-2143 Shuts Down
> Date: 12/30/01 10:17:57 PM Pacific Standard Time
> From:    GOMDWIL@xxxxxxx
> Sender:    techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To:    techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> Hello Gang. Hope everyone had nice Christmas.
> This Zenith CA Chassis came in DOA. Mfg. in Oct 2000. This module looks
> like new. No cracks, bad traces,or discoloration found. Fuses good. I
> checked CX3407, RX3404,ICX3400[SRT53041], resoldered drive trans. I
> monitered the HV and when it reach about 28KV it shuts down in about two
> sec. I've never worked on this model and I have no schematic. Any help
> would be appreciated.
> Happy New Year----Grady

I had the same problem with a B25a10Z and i change all the parts you just
mention with no avail. Then i was told by the techassist crew to change the
vertical ic and the problem was solve. Maybe you have the same luck that i
did. I also have the schematic for the CA chassis family if you need copy of
it let me know which section do you want.

Happy New year to all the techassist technician

Aviles Computer & tv repair
Bronx NY

This is to Jeff and Jose Paniagua, I have not forgetten to send you the
parameters for the GE/RCA chassis. I just got back from a vacation.

SUBJECT field to the address above.