[TechAssist] Zenith Console SL2726EW 9-1335-1

  • From: peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:56:21 -0600

It's been a while since I worked on one of these.
It's one of those chassis' that the PS regulator(STR53041) Shorts
and COOKS numerous parts.
Sometimes it is caused by the picture tube,A68ACT00X.

I don't remember if isolating the filament protects the circuitry from
further 'Arcing'
by the tube.

I'm not even sure if the Tube is the Cause,the PS caps can fail and the
Regulator gives up.
The PS Primary Caps ARE bad,but I need to protect my tail on this one,so I
needed
to ask about the Filament Isolation,and also can the tube be 'checked' to
see if it will Arc again ???

Peggs
Peggs' Electronics
1519 West 2nd Street