[TechAssist] Re: Zenith B/S PVR5263RK/filiments traced

  • From: walter wood <wwood_38478@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:06:44 -0800 (PST)

Your set is exactly like the one I fixed last week.
Filiment comes from Flyback pin 8.
The other end of that winding is Pin 5.
Check for continuity flyback pin8 to pin5.
Pin5 is ground
Pin 8 feeds pin 1 of IC3201 pin1 through R3266
0.1ohm 1/2 watt. It might be open.
R3266 feeds the IC3201 through C3266 and CR3217 in
parallel.
Pin 3 of IC3201 goes to point DB3 on the daughter
board.
That exits the daughter board via pin 7 of plug
5b3(top of daughter board).
Pin 7 of 5b3 goes to the crt boards and to pin 7 of
the crt socket.
Pin8 on 5b3 goes to the crt's on pin 6 of the crt
socket.
The crt sockets are in parallel so one open would
Not kill the others.
A useful tool (to me) comes from about 40 years
ago.
An NE2 neon lamp, stuck on the end of something NON
conductive will glow in the presence of high
voltage when held near.
Usually, around the Horizontal output transistor,
and the core of the flyback.
It usually won't glow around the anode leads but
will sometimes around the cup, and/or the yokes.
In order to check for a defective CRT, the anode
leades are removed from the splitter(like the
input) NOT the tubes themselves.
Hope this helps.
Walter

=====