[TechAssist] Re: Zenith 9-1395 snow

  • From: becyn <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:10:53 -0500

You measue 33v on several the tuner interface pins???
Normally there is a  'raw" 33v dc input, and another one  where you can test
the 'vt" internal  value, which is some value lower than 33v depending
on channel, that should be all.
Well, It's time to roll up the sleves and go in with signal injection to
the
IF and verify that all is well. vary the attenuation and look at the tuner
AGC line.
2)You might have AGC line problems thats flatlining the gain
3) It's probably a "digital" tuner, so verify that ther isn't an issue
with one of the
control lines.

Those are your next best bets.
happy hunting...let us know what you find...

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix
327 Broadway
Newburgh N.Y. 12550