[TechAssist] Zenith 9-1132 Loses H-drive

  • From: "Shoreline Electronics" <jstielau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:37:12 -0400

Make : Zenith
Model : SJ2765W5
Chassis : 9-1132

Problem : When changing channels set may lose raster & HV.  Base drive
disappears.  Very intermittent & Unpredictable. Audio stays on

What I have found is that if the set is running fine , if I touch a scope
probe to the Base of the Horiz Output or the Collector of the Horiz
Output...the base drive shuts off.

We have changed many caps in The C22xx circuitry per other common failures.

Has anyone had this problem on these Zenith chassis before?

Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
125 Beechtree Lane
Westbrook,CT 06498