[TechAssist] Zenith 35" or 36" console, 9-1096 main module, 9-1093 smps/sweep

  • From: "Webster TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:26:40 -0600

Techs,

I have this monster of a console in the shop that has a intermittent fast
vert. flip or roll. I've replaced the vert. output chip and also CR2102
diode in the vert circuit as of a tip from the Zenith tips site, but still
have the same problem. Occasionally it will straighten out for a minute or
so and then right back to the flipping, everything else looks OK when it
stops, its not stretched or no overlap or retrace lines. Anyone seen this on
this chassis or have a solution, before I dig deeper?  I don't have the
schematic for this unit, and the tag is gone off of the back of the set,
although I did find #ZB3551T7 (manufactured in 1992) stamped inside, not
sure if this is the model # or not?

                                          TIA
                                          Dan Webster
                                          Webster's TV