[TechAssist] Re: Zen 9-160-06 module

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:03:40 -0800 (PST)

The problem is basically the 12v supply is low. But that is just the tip of the
iceberg. Before you jump to the conclusion that the 12v regulator is bad,I have
replaced it as well as a number of parts the supply that circuit. The set will
not start manually or remote unless I inject 12v. Then it will start and run
all day. When turned off it will not start again without injecting the 12v.
There is about 7.5v on that line at start up. 22v in run. You say well why
don't you replace the board? I have and the symptom is the same. As far as
switching pins that may not work in this set because that plug comes from the
tuner control board and one of those wires goes to the audio amp board. The
9-160-06 boards that I have are different than any schematics that are in Sams.

Avery Boyd <adBoyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:What was the problem with the 9-160-6
board. You can use a 9-160-05, you
just have to switch a pin over on the plug that has the blue gray and black
wires. Avery
Avery Boyd
4666B S. Mingo
Tulsa OK 74146