[TechAssist] Re: Worth a second look.....

  • From: "Christopher Barnak" <cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 08:22:56 -0500

Plas-T-Pair is still available. It's at our local electronics parts
distributor and MCM Electronics. Maybe it was pulled in your State but
not Virginia.
Another wonderful product that few know about is a product called:
Insta-Plastik Solid Bonder. Made by A.T. S. This stuff is great, it's
two parts, one part is like super glue and the other is a powder. Clean
up what you want to bond with alcohol and apply the glue, sprinkle on
the powder and instantly you have a solid bond. Works well on most
plastics and most anything else. Check it out, you'll love it. Go to
www.atsincproducts.com and call for a kit. Also you can call direct
at 800-343-3530.  Tip : When the liquid Ethyl Hybrid runs out, you can
use super glue, however, it may not work quite as well, but still
acceptable. The powder that comes with the kit, is a organic based
powder. I think it's like human or animal skin, and we all know how well
super glue bonds to the skin.

Christopher Barnak, CET
Norfolk Public Schools
School Plant Facilities
966 Bellmore Ave.
Norfolk, Va. 23504

Phone 757 628 3385
Fax      757 628 3392
cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> dek@xxxxxxxxxx 10/27/03 6:08:42 AM >>>

Used to be on the market. It was a plastic repair kit.
Excellent for cracked or broken cases, knobs, anything made of
styrene(?) plastic. Holds as good as if it was never
broken/cracked. But, due to "chemical hazards" it was pulled
from the market years ago. Like the infamous "Blue Channel
Master" contact cleaner. Seems anything that really works for
us is pulled from the market.
Doug