[TechAssist] Re: Wireless Router Extender

  • From: "Wally Heise" <sirepair@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 23:11:21 -0500

Ed,

I have a D-Link wireless system and it operates most of the time at about
175 feet, (house to our store).  My problem is the location of my computer
in house behind a couple of walls and the server in the store has metal
walls surrounding it, so my signal strength is always around 15%.  I have
been thinking of buying a range extender from D-Link, they sent me an email
promotion about it but I don't remember prices, etc.  Next summer when I
need this system to work 100% of the time, I plan to purchase one of their
range extenders and my problem should be solved.

Wally Heise
South Isle Repair
Isle, Mn.